Monday, September 6, 2010

New Blog Recommendations

One of my favorite parts of this blog is the "I Like These" section, to the left. I'm always amazed at how much great information and inspiration is out there, for free, at the tips of our fingers!

I've updated this section a little, added a few and eliminated one (Comics World- copyright violation, no surprise there: the guy had digitally reproduced almost every comic ever done. Great site while it lasted.)

Here are some of the new ones:

Scratchy Grooves: An archive of the shows of DJ Bill Chambless from WVUD FM in Newark, Delaware

Victor Moscoso: Posters and artwork from '60's psychedelic visionary Victor Moscoso

Ernie Kovac's blog spot: What can I say? The guy was brilliant!

Paleo Future and Modern Mechanix: Longtime L by L readers are aware of my obsession with the lack of the cool future promised to us in the past. These guys are obsessed with it also, but they also do the archiving of that past vision of the future. Which makes the present even more frustrating.

Black Wing Sketchbook: lovely loose drawings from Jenny Larew

Drew Friedman: Beautifully drawn and wonderfully twisted. Also, unlike me, he did blog about R. Crumb's August birthday

Happy Labor Day, everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is another picture of this Thisbe Amorita...in case you were left wanting more.